bob, your going to be happy. Lots of guys talk about how using a seperate unit is no big deal. The problem is with the puny monocular of a seperate RF unit its not exactly easy to refind the animal alot of times. sometimes this requires extra time and monkeying around. not to mention maybe the animal has moved by the time you dig the unit out of your pocket. if you don't buy shrap's. make sure you call around and ask for the best price with money order or check by phone. I wouldn't pay more than about 2650. if you can't get that price or less keep calling around. if you wear a bino harness you will find the weight will not bother you at all.

I am hoping leica upgrades its 1600 model to include the atmospheric and SD card setup the geovid has, I have a feeling we are going to see them introduce that at shot show this year. as long as they keep it under 1k I will buy one and still carry the EL range as well. and just pull out the leica when I want a firing solution. still I would not go back to a regular binocular.