Fun stuff.

Curious to the pre-Kimber, wayy pre-Warne rings Bob mentioned, do they have a recoil lug? I'm of the opinion that was Jack's innovation to the original design, which was certainly Brownell. I don't think the KoO rings had any lug. ???

I'll reiterate, the center rings in my pic, which are very much like the OPs, are Warne manufactured in 1994. Near Christmas, 1994, Greg gave me a Kimber of America model 82 Super rifle, told me to ask Jack for rings, Jack told shop foreman to give me some, still got 'em. Anyways, that's the story! That rifle had a reverse Kimber scroll on the receiver and shot a 10-shot group at 0.28" at 50m with Elly Tenex, not by me though. In maybe late '95, it went away for $700. Ouch. Jack was a fine respectable good humored man and a skilled craftsman and designer. I had the pleasure to work with him setting up the facility where the Mauser rifles were sporterized in '95-96. I were the handyman! Got'er set up just before Christmas, hence the gift and a heck of a raise to $10 from $7!

Also, I don't believe KoO (pre-1991) did the manufacture of the KoO rings, it was done elsewhere. Possibly, under Brownell' s oversight, I don't know but there were not folks making rings at the KoO plant. But that was long ago.

Klik, did the ring break at the obvious weak spot above the side clamp? I just noticed that weak spot earlier. Those are Warne Premiers, later than '95 I'd guess.

Last edited by oregontripper; 11/25/14. Reason: crossed out

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?