True dat.
[Linked Image]

Here's an earlier Premier without a slot and a later premier with one, it's between the blurrs.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by backtobethel
Thanks for all the info.

Mine have a partial recoil lug, similar to the set on the right in oregontripper's pic. So, if I would like to find bases for a different firearm, what do I need to be looking for?

Once again, thanks.

Here's some reference for mounts. A WTB ad in the Classifieds may get you what you need. Regardless of rarity, whatch out for the guys wanting $$$$$$ for 'em. They should be $20-25. I'd be interested in your Marlin bases if you wished to part with 'em.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by oregontripper
Oh, too. The center rings of mine, and the OPs are very nicely polished as were the KoO rings. Machined from solid stock whereas the later ones shown are cast, I think...

The originals were investment cast......

Yep, guess that's the deal. Investment Cast
1st ---> then tried Sintered too. Thanks. wink

My Kimber of Oregon Rings are like this, no lever.
[Linked Image]

The Warne site has a very nice history section. Jack acquired the design from L Brownell for Kimber of Oregon. Jack started Warne in 1991 and sold the company in 2001. The packages I have of Premiers have the same address as where they were in '95. Also seems to indicate the KoO rings were produced in house, must been trippin'.

Always a pleasure to discuss these and appreciate the lessons.

Last edited by oregontripper; 11/26/14. Reason: Mo edit

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?