Originally Posted by night_owl
See if your daughter can rack the slide on the shield.

^^^THIS^^^

It don't make a damn how nice of an autoloader you buy them if they can't pull the slide back. Cause if they have a jam, or a stovepipe, they are screwed!

I've had a lot of girls come to take my CHL Class with a new automatic that they're Dad or Husband bought for them and they just didn't have enough hand strength to pull the slide back. They can be trained to do so, but in a stressful life or death situation, all that ShiiTT goes out the window.
Though snub nose revolvers are harder for new shooters to hit with, some quality range time will take care of the accuracy issues.
I've let a lot of women who took my class quailify with my little S&W Bodyguard Relvolver with the Factory Lazer, and they seem to do real well with target wadcutter loads.
They only run around $400 new if you watch for deals on GunBroker. Here's a link to what they look like.
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/..._757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

The new Ruger 3" LCR in .38 spec with adjustable sights would also be well worth taking a look at, IMO.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 11/25/14.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~