Originally Posted by bsteve
I bought a 7600 35 Whelen from Grice 6-7 years ago. Mounted a Luepold VX III 2.5 X 8 in quick detach rings on her. With My handloads, 225 gr. Sierra boat tails, 58 gr. R 15, and Win. mag primers it shoots 3 shot clover leafs from the bench at 100 yards. I took a doe on opening day , I leaned the rifle against a tree while gutting the deer and it fell over onto a rock. Put a nice ding in the front bell of the scope. I went to the range to verify zero and didn't touch an 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper at 100 yards. I don't have enough ammo to resight and hunt with. ( no one seems to have any 225 Sierras ). So she'll spend the rest of the season in the safe.

Try some 225gr Barnes bullets. My 7600 35W loves them.

I am running 250gr Horny's in this rifle so if you want to try some 225gr Barnes bullets, PM me and we will work something out. I have a couple boxes of them, I think. The Barnes bullets are fantastic on game performers, I am just staying old school with this rifle. I would probably buy and use some 250-275gr round nose or semi spitzers if I could find them, just for fun and nostalgia sake.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500