Originally Posted by Royce
Partially due to a shoulder injury and partially due to age I was looking for a rifle in 257 or 260 lately and they just don't seem to appear in gun stores. I guess gun stores stock what sells, but I would think those mid range cartridges would be a lot more popular.
What makes less sense is that I have seen two dad's this year start their first year hunters out with 30/06s and both cases ended up with wounded and lost elk. My guess is that those kids would have had a better chance of killing elk with a skaller cartridge.

Royce

I wouldn't blame the cartridge for the kids or parents mistake. Some (and adults) just kids can't handle a 30-06. I was using one when I was 12 with no problem whatsoever. The kids were just that: Kids with no experience at pulling the trigger on live game. Probably very little trigger time and need much more practice in general. These notions that someone missed because of the cartridge they were using is simply idiotic. Put the blame where it truly belongs: Hunter inadequacy and inexperience. Pretty plain and simple. Nuff said..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA