Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Not sure what "easier to shoot" means.

There is no such thing as a heavy recoiling 308 Win IMO.

And 9lbs. isn't exactly squarely in the middle if you look at the pics I posted.

Tweeners are not as good LR as heavy guns. Not as easy to pack as light guns.

Optimal for NEITHER task....

Easier to shoot means just that.... they are more forgiving of shooter inconsistency and other external influences than light (6-7lb) rifles.....

.308 is heavier recoiling than any of the smaller caliber cartridges it has spawned.... and ironically.... that's the only thing it does better. Less recoil equals more shooting.... period.... add better results due to better bullets... and going smaller than .308 is a win/win.

This .260 Rem. weighs between 8.5 and 9lbs as pictured. It got packed 20+ miles this year in the high country of multiple states. It shot/placed solidly at the SRM (39/60) in May, and was easily the lightest rifle on the line.... by 4 lbs. At least two dozen people (women, children, old men.... even Tanner) have made multiple LR hits with this rifle... most of them with no/little prior centerfire rifle experience. I've 'built' a half dozen rifles.... and owned another dozen. This is by far the best rifle I've built for pretty much everything.

Tweeters are a great way to go.... They're like Unicorns.... 8 hotness (shootability/accuracy).... and 4 crazy (heavy).

Today....
[Linked Image]

WA Sept......
[Linked Image]

1/2 mile.... cold bore.... 9lb gun...
[Linked Image]

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......