Like most swords this has two edges. Sea level can rise and land masses can subside. Both are at play here in Florida and I don't much give a chitt how it works in your back yard.

The data record is largely based on information recording which originated independent of the ACoE. Tide gauge readings are pretty much straight forward insofar as data goes. The period of record extends back to around 1930. Over time it isn't difficult to see a statistical trend. Argue about your perception all you want, but facts are facts, you don't get to choose which to embrace or ignore whilst on the public stage. In this particular case, the data suggests the trend is accelerating. It does not suggest what the future will be with any certainty.

What is more significant and where agendas get fertilizer, is what the future holds in store and what we do in response. In the ACoE staff recommendation to their decision makers for the referenced project there was clear acknowledgement of long term uncertainty, yet in light of the applicants request for a 110 year permit, the terrain elevations (over 4,000 acres of the proposed project area have NGVD elevations in the 2-6' range) involved and a few other factors, they have recommended approval of one of 8 alternatives with a life of 30 years. Their logic is one of 'let's see what happens and the applicant can apply for expansion down the road.' Makes a fair bit of sense to me. FWIW, the projections made by Corps staff, based on data, are a potential rise in the range of 0-6' based on the record. Sure sounds like an agenda driven determination to me.

If you want to dive into the pile of information on this project:
https://www.federalregister.gov/art...mpact-statement-for-the-tarmac-king-road

If you simply want to explore sea level rise, whip out your Googlefu re: Florida sea level rise. Lot of bullchips and some more pointed information that is sound will be at your fingertips. Best of luck in sorting one from the other.

Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain