Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by antlers

Bullschitt.

"We were wrong, terribly wrong." - Robert McNamara, on America's involvement/strategy in the Vietnam quagmire.

The fact you are quoting McNamara, speaks volumes, but be that as it may, the fact that thanks to HIM, the war was poorly executed, DUTY ain't a democracy, as MM said, you don't get to choose. If you dodged, you're a coward, at least in *MY* eyes and that's really all that matters..

Yep, citizens are supposed to do anything they are ordered to do. It is only potentially wrong when those citizens are in other countries much like how Americans were ordered to round up and intern fellow citizens in the 1940s and how Americans were ordered to confiscate firearms from citizens just a few years back. You slap on a uniform and you don't get to think about what you do, you just do it. Glad to have people like you Jorge who will carry out political whims without the slightest hesitation.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn