Let me explain it this way.
You cannot know everything.
You cannot know everything you want to know.
Even with a writing and product review background I am hungry to learn.
I have likely already killed more animals in number that every TV pop star combined, which helps form an opinion in some areas but the firearms industry like all industries evolves with new products, mostly no better than existing products, or simply a "me too" variations but it is a fascinating hobby we have, in developing, trialing and challenging our work and equipment in order to improve.

It is very enjoyable to see the game in their natural habitat. That teaches.
It is very informative when I see how the hunters dressed but there are things not explained that could be very helpful.

1. Why are boots and insulation properties never covered?
2. Why is the cartridge chambering rarely mentioned?
3. Why is there never/rarely any mention of tailored handloads and the components used for the hunt?
4. Why are scopes never really tested and I mean tested.
5. And, what the hell is in those pup tent sized back packs I never saw in my life until I turned TV on?

I guess I am astounded by supposed experienced experts who are presented as authorities, enough to have sponsorships who with almost routine get buck fever and look like they shot their first animal, but the final straw if that completely fake and habitual "Phew" before they go take a look at it.

You want a decent informative show?

1. It should be called "Hunting Products".
2. It should review everything taken on a hunt before a hunt to overview any attributes or potential short falling.
3. The non negotiable is to inform. If a product fails during testing, The manufacturer should be contacted to determine if it was a one off failure or and permit the opportunity for replacement product to be supplied. (That is fair to the sponsors as [bleep] happens)
4. It should place emphasis on technical attributes even if they are only supported on a corresponding website to permit brevity in the filming aspect.
5. There cannot be fear or favor to any product provided.
6. Hunt reviews should include everything we want to know, how did the bullet work? What penetration what achieved etc?

There is no and never has been a show like this. This and other website prove the void.

John

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.