Originally Posted by Reloder28
It's interesting what one may find delightful another would barf. I won't kill what I won't eat. I plan to go on an Antelope hunt next season and find out what they taste like.

im sure you can run into a bad one but generally speaking with speed goats, they can either be some of the best tasting or worst tasting game you ever had depending how you treat them.....find some that havent been run, kill them clean, get the hide off and the meat cooled down fast and its damn good eats, real mild meat....run one or leave the hide on while it bounces around in the back of your pickup for a day or two and its quite possible your dog wont eat it crazy

IIRC part of the reason for them being milder is they mature into trophy animals much quicker than deer do, a mature trophy speed goat is usually a couple years younger than a mature trophy whitetail....also the older animals are more easily killed off in a bad winter as they carry no body fat and pretty much have to constantly eat to live....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books