I hunted all day Monday. Saw 7 deer including a 5 pt. Someone missed it down below me and it rand across my front from right to left angling up the mountain. I never made horns until it was all most out of sight. Threw one at it more in exasperation than anything else, but never touched it. It ran in front of a kid from the camp next door and he got it with a clean well placed running shot. It was his first deer, and boy was he excited. I found the remains of two old tree stands I'd hunted in the past, bringing back some very pleasant memories. Monday afternoon, I hunted up high on the hill into my dad's old spot. I just couldn't stay up there-still hurts too much to know Dad's only up there in spirit these days. Still hunted my way back down the hill towards camp. It was a good day to be in the woods. They were forecasting freezing rain for Tuesday, and I didn't want to get stranded up on the mountain, so we broke camp Tuesday morning and headed back to Youngstown. There's no deer hunt like the Pennsylvania opener. Those of us who've been fortunate enough to experience it are very lucky indeed.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla