Originally Posted by AH64guy
OP - I have a 6500 that has about three years of age on it. It's been hauled between 300-350 miles with a 35-55 pound load in it.

Up front, I don't hunt with it, I use it for training throughout the year between Fall seasons. The design is just OK IMHO, it's not a heavy pack, and it lacks some of stability I'd prefer with the load in the pack next to your back. The load straps for the main pouch are designed for the pack to be 50% filled/loaded, and don't secure a flat, heavy load very well. I use one-two 25 pound cement mix bags sealed and taped, they fit in the pouch inside the main pouch.

The pack is reasonably light empty, much more than a comparable sized Erbelstock or Badlands. Dispite fairly thin shoulder straps, they are comfortable and haven't stretched over time. The keepers hold the tension on the shoulder straps, but they slip over the course of a hike, you will be adjusting them about every hour. I didn't have any issues with the zippers or pouches and locations. The waist belt has a range of adjustment from a MR type Small to XL, and like the shoulder straps, will slip a bit over a hike. The belt fits my hips well, and hold the base of the pack in place where I want it. If I could stabilize the load better, I'd be a bit more inclined to take it to the field. But in fairness, I am trying to stabilize a flat, heavy load that does not even begin to fill a 6500 CI pack.

As noted above, it's an overseas sourced product, and I tend to view the construction as medium duty, over heavy duty. If I dropped the pack on a rock slide area on a haul, or it skidded over rough-surface terrian, I wouldn't expect the shell material to survive the contact. Haven't needed the repair services, so no comment there.

It's a non-specific feeling, but I just have reservations about loading it up heavy and going in or out of the back country, I'm concerned it would fail, and significantly enough to not be able to get a load out in one trip. I have a Badlands OX bag and frame, both have hauled and held up well. But, they are much heavier when empty than the Tenzing.

Been hoping that I would get to haul a deer out here in Virginia this Fall, no contact yet. I have a Badland Super Day that is my go-to for day trip hunts.

Excellent review, thank you.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.