Originally Posted by StudDuck
Originally Posted by 4ager
There are way too many good, 100% Made in USA packs by very good companies and great people out there to throw money into a Chinese-made pack.

I agree and I'll look at some of the manufacturers you mentioned below.

My wife and I make the same effort as you and your wife do, but unfortunately, there are times when my wallet will not let me give two, three or four times the cost of an item that is "made" in America; made in America and assembled in America of foreign and domestic materials is something totally different and we'll save that discussion for another day.

If you can think of some other American made pack manufacturers, please post up, but unfortunately with one child in college and another on the way, I can't afford the Nimrod pack I'd like to have or some of the others I've looked at.

As we all know, life is about decisions and compromises.....unfortunately.

Then, buy used.

What's your price range? I take it that 2200 cu.in is about what you're looking for? How about some details on what you want/need the pack to do?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.