Originally Posted by 250_3000
My argument for the Ruger LCR 9mm above all others:

1) The LCR gives you five 9mm rounds without any appreciable energy loss for a short 1-7/8" barrel. I believe 38 spec is the bare minimum power factor to reliably stop an attacker who might be wearing a winter coat or a leather jacket. 9mm and 9mm +P is even better.

2) The LCR gives me two major advantages that larger handguns can't. I can grab it and conceal it very easily every time I get out of the car AND I can draw it from concealment even witha criminal standing right in front of me. Because I can carry it in my front right pants pocket in a pocket holster. You'd never know it's there.

If I'm running errands and stop at a gas station, sliding the LCR Into my front pants pocket is no harder than putting my cell phone in my pocket. If I had my Sig P228 or my 1911 commander in an IWB rig, I'd have to spend several minutes trying to shoehorn it on. I could put the IWB rig on before I leave home, but that causes a few problems. It's not real comfortable to drive with a seatbelt on and a CCW jabbing into my side. Also, I can't legally carry at my workplace. Most Americans can't either, because most employers have a private policy barring firearms from the premises. Lastly, in summer time, wearing shorts and t-shirts, concealing a larger gun is harder.

The Ruger LCR solves all those problems for me. Plus, any time I find myself in a situation where attackers have gotten the jump on me, I can say "hey, you can have my wallet" as I draw the LCR out. Criminals always want money. I doubt a criminal is ever going to say no to my offer of money, wallet, car keys, etc. And I'm not going to ask either. All I need is the 1 second delay while I reach and draw the gun out. You can't do that while reaching for your hip.

The 9mm moon clips actually make loading 5 rounds as easy as loading a 1911 mag. You thumb 5 cartridges on it and drop it right into the cylinder. You can shoot the LCR without a moon clip, but will need to poke the empty cases out. Carrying a spare clip of 5 rounds is simple with the moon clip too.

Lastly, the Ruger's trigger is the best DA trigger I've tried for any revolver under $1000. With a little practice I have learned to shoot tight quick groups of 9mm. My buddies J-frame S&W 642,not so much. Long, heavy trigger pull that makes accuracy very difficult. The small semi-autos can't honestly say they will work reliably 100% of the time. They all have issues with various ammo. On e the recoil spring gets old, they start having problems.

My LCR can go in and out of a pocket every day, and deliver five 9mm rounds with accuracy, from deep concealment with ease. It is a joy to carry, so I never think to myself, "I'll just run in to grab a soda, so I'll just leave my gun in the car".

I think the next best argument to an LCR 9mm is an LCR in 38 special. I've carried a dozen handguns, shot 50 others. I haven't found anything that works better for every day carry, for giving me an ace up my sleeve no matter how dire the situation is and for being a very well made handgun that is a joy to shoot.

this is 1980's thinking grab a S&W shield or better yet a glock 26. I can't hit the broadside of a barn with one of those dinky revolvers. however head shots with a glock 26 at in excess of 15 yards is no problemo.