257wby: I have been driving vehicles for 51 years now and drive more than 95% of the citizens in our United States - I have NEVER been asked to have my vehicle searched.
I have been stopped maybe 6 times in all those many hundreds of thousands of miles of driving - and never received a citation, only warnigs for various minor offenses (bad order tail-lights, headlights etc!).
AND... I do NOT commit crimes or indulge in criminal activities/conspiracies so in the extremely remote possibility of a circumstance where a Law Enorcement Officer of any type asked to search me or my vehicle or my home I would tell them to go right ahead!
This site (24hourcampfire) seems to be getting more and more paranoid and anti-establishment types on it every year - thats NOT a good thing and is quite puzzling to me.
I admit that I go out of my way of recent to buy non-registered firearms (obama and holder proof) as opposed to 4473'ed guns but that is not paranoia nor is it a crime!
This is a thought out and non-criminal policy of mine.
If you are not a criminal (doper, smuggler, burglar, rapist, muderer etc etc etc!) then what possible harm would befall you if you allowed a search of yourself, your vehicle or your home?
Paranoia runs deep - as the old anti-establishment song goes!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy