Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
About 10 years ago, my nephew graduated from college in FL. He was going through TX on his way home to WA when he was stopped by a state cop. He was never given a reason for the stop and they didn't ask if they could search the car, they just did it. They brought in a drug dog and about dismantled his car...finding nothing. My nephew has always been a drug hater. He figures the only possible reason he was stopped was because of his long hair and beard.
Good interdiction officers don't profile, because the people who look like a doper to the average Joe are what they call "ducks". The big boys know better than to look like smugglers and these guys don't want to be bothered with a pound of weed or and ounce of crack. They stop everybody and let them talk themselves into jail. Then again, a lot of the biggest dope hauls are made from completely innocent (probably) carriers such as trucks hauling loads. We got 100 kilos of cocaine from the trunk of a crown vic driven by some poor old guy who was just transporting the vehicle from what he thought was one dealership to another.

Interesting. Chatted with a cop who worked undercover for a few years back in the 90's. Said as soon as he grew the beard and put the hair into a biker ponytail all of a sudden he was getting stopped weekly for "illegal lane changes". Never stopped before. He said he'd never been aware how much even he had unconsciously profiled drivers.

Always wondered how the Nebraska cops find so many drug couriers on I-80. Probably all due to idjits agreeing to searches. But if they were rocket scientists, they wouldn't be working as drug couriers/dealers.

Last edited by Calhoun; 12/17/14.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com