I found a couple of his first posts, you can tell by them what a fine person he was.

"Now that the cat's out of the bag let me comment on the choice of barrels and gunsmiths. All gunsmiths would like for y'all to think that we are wizards and the greatest thing since sliced bread but the truth is you can only fit, thread, chamber a barrel exactly. It's not magic.
The real secret is finding a good barrel. Cheaha got a good one but you get a high percentage of good barrels from Douglas. That's why I like them.

Now, for those who think the gunsmith is the secret to accuracy consider this: if this were the case then when Tony Boyer gets Dwight Scott to chamber up 20 barrels he should get 18 good ones.....right? It doesn't happen.
Sometimes he only gets one or two that will shoot to the level he needs and yet the same gunsmith chambered them all and has been doing Tony's work for years. Tony, himself, will tell you....barrels, barrels, barrels.

Now, don't read into this that the gunsmith is not important. He is but there a lot of good gunsmiths out there. Mike Bryant is great and a good friend. So is Billy Stevens but if you get a good gunsmith to install a barrel and it doesn't shoot like a world beater the sad truth is that it probably just doesn't have it.

No barrelmaker, gunsmith, shooter, handloader or anybody else can look at a barrel and tell if it will shoot. The only way to know is chamber it and shoot it.
Learn how to tune a barrel and you've got half the battle won.

It's good to find you guys. This looks like a good forum.
I especially like the forum that is not afraid to say out loud that they're Christians. I've been since 1980 and can recommend it without reservation."

"Will do Mistr.... Mickey!

Loc: Greenville, AL
Quote:

Will do Mistr.... Mickey!

Thenkyewverymuch! We're going to have fun here, ain't we?

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.