It's funny, but I always clicked on the threads he started, but seldom did more than just read them and the responses. I just knew that I'd find his thoughts and musings interesting. I clicked on the one he started Tuesday, saying he was headed back to the hospital - and was struck with a bit of a chill at the tone. You see, I'm an oncology nurse with a lot of hospice experience, and something in the way he expressed his feelings that he needed to be in the hospital, sent a silent message to me that he was indeed frightened, but that he had faith that it would be his best hope.

Last night, when I got home and read the thread that he'd passed on, my first thought was shock and I said: "Oh no." out loud. My wife asked me what was wrong and I was tearing up.

I've never met the man. I'd probably engaged him half a dozen times in the years I've participated here, but I can't say I've ever read a word he'd written that wasn't in some way a reflection of a kind soul, a "gentle" man and a big heart.

"Go Rest High, On That Mountain."

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain