For those of us who had the pleasure of communicating with Mickey on a more personal level, we know first hand what a rock he was. The epitome of the southern gentleman. Rock solid in his religious beliefs, a friend of all dogs, a master gunsmith, and so many times the voice of reason around here.

I spoke to Mickey frequently, and could always count on him to ground me a bit and bring me back to what really mattered in life, and not focus on my own selfishness.

I worry about Mickey's family of dogs that he had taken in. I pray not only for Mickey, but for all of them as they go off to new homes.

Our little family here lost one of it's cornerstones. We are definitely a lesser people with Mick's passing. The gunsmithing community lost one if it's best, and here's to the hope that a new young punk with a gifted sense of Mickey's craft can step up and try to fill his shoes. It will be a tough and daunting task.

A bunch of us yahoos are getting together up in Blaine, Minnesota this Sunday. Hands will be shaked, backs will be slapped, and then glasses will be raised in solemn memory of one of the very best.

Rest in Peace, Mickey.

We should all be so lucky as to go home to meet our maker like you have-with a smile on your face, and joy in your heart.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla