Shortly before the Barack reelection, things were looking really grim in a lot of ways, but particularly for the future of gun ownership. I reassessed my "collection" by asking myself, if ALL my guns were gone as of this instant, and I had to start over again, knowing what I now know, what would I buy? (Taking into consideration, of course, that I don't have an unlimited budget) And if I wouldn't buy it under that scenario, why do I own it now?

After a lot of thought, I put my revamping program on the fast track. I've since tweaked it slightly, like buying a Beeman R9 .22 pellet rifle due to the rimfire shortage since I can easily accumulate a lifetime supply of ammo on the cheap.

As a result, this coming year I don't plan to buy any more guns, but since I've finally been able to accumulate some rimfire ammunition, I plan to shoot my rimfires a lot more, maybe make a few tweaks on a couple existing guns, get a couple holsters, and now that I finally have a dedicated scope for each long gun, develop a load for each gun and have them all sighted in.