Originally Posted by bhemry
Shortly before the Barack reelection, things were looking really grim in a lot of ways, but particularly for the future of gun ownership. I reassessed my "collection" by asking myself, if ALL my guns were gone as of this instant, and I had to start over again, knowing what I now know, what would I buy? (Taking into consideration, of course, that I don't have an unlimited budget) And if I wouldn't buy it under that scenario, why do I own it now?

After a lot of thought, I put my revamping program on the fast track. I've since tweaked it slightly, like buying a Beeman R9 .22 pellet rifle due to the rimfire shortage since I can easily accumulate a lifetime supply of ammo on the cheap.

As a result, this coming year I don't plan to buy any more guns, but since I've finally been able to accumulate some rimfire ammunition, I plan to shoot my rimfires a lot more, maybe make a few tweaks on a couple existing guns, get a couple holsters, and now that I finally have a dedicated scope for each long gun, develop a load for each gun and have them all sighted in.

I like the Beeman idea, and I have been thinking along similar lines. I have not re vamped my assemblage to any great degree, yet, but the hope to do so is there. I think you are making good decisions. Best to stay ahead of the curve in such matters.

When money becomes less tight, I plan to aquire a few guns in the very to stock common calibers and try stockpile some ammo for each. Still will hunt with my superfast wildcats for as long as I can, but having a good quality and unpapered guns in 30/06, 308, 223, 45ACP, 9mm, 22LR and 357, with a goodly amount of ammo for each, makes a WHOLE bunch of sense.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500