Ok, was on the river today. It appears they are using the tops of the wing dams as toilet areas. Not sure if you guys are familiar but a wing dam is just a bunch of rip rap stacked up. Not really any place to bed a trap. Thinking maybe I can haul a couple buckets of sand up there and make a pad that they would use to get up on top of their favorite shi+tin' rock and bed a #4 coil spring (big enough?).

This a big river! There are no beaver huts, beavers den in the mud banks and the levee is usually at least a hundred yard away with nothing but cop fields beyond that. Classic crossovers are non-existent as far as I can tell.

That being said, I did find two spots where they are topping a mud bank to get to a small slough. I'll be placing a couple of 220's here....

Am I overlooking anything?

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)