Originally Posted by Sitka deer
The jaws do not close as tightly as the 220s is the only way I ever figured they could get out. Where I often had so many otters around that we checked traps two or more times a day we had more than a bunch in 330s still alive. In 220s they die right now.

Had a bunch of 210s a long time ago and they were not up to the task, at all, as the otters would warp them.

I dont currently own a conibear trap of any kind, but been using some 220's that a friend has, and thinking about getting some conibears of my own. So, I've been doing a lot of reading about the sizes and styles.

One article said that the 'Canadian' style conibear closes all the way, thus less likely of anything getting away. Duke 330 Mags are 'Canadian' style and I'm sure there are others. I think I read where the Belisle traps were 'Canadian' style.

Another article said that if your getting lots of hip catches in the 330's, look at the trigger travel. The otter may have to push the trigger several inches before the trap releases. This article also showed, with pics, what modifications were made to the trap so the trigger travel was only about an inch.

Just suggestions.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21