Know the difference between a true locking differential, of which there are several kinds and what is essentially a limited slip rear in my GM trucks. Thus far been happy with what I had.

I don't go places where I'd need a true locker. From what I've seen over the years, those who invest in lockers, lifts and big tires seem to be the ones playing where they ought not to be and getting stuck/beatin' the crap out of their trucks?

Fields, some mud and snow, never a problem so far with what I've had. Point was that the GM rears that they call locking rears, have always gotten me "there and back" with four wheel drive.

Walked the '02 S10 ZR2 out of hub deep spring thaw mud once and a few other nasty places I got into a time or two. More than once wallered the '80 shortbed uphill through knee deep snow to get into hunting camp. Took some repeated bashing, got where I wanted to be.

The last two trucks have been a few places a bit more tame, but I haven't stuck a truck in over 40 years. 2WD or 4WD.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.