Neat calculator in the link below:

http://www.trapshooters.com/pages/reloadcalc/

For your stated purposes probibly not. Components are high, powder is sparce to non existant. Would be a bad time to get into it with the objective of saving money.

I enjoy doing it. My loads are taylored to my liking. They are consistant and give me confidence. When computing costs I consider the cost of Preimium shells vs my reloads.

Practice loads using components bought at wholesale and reclaim shot still provide good savings over the "promo" (cheap stuff) loads. That being said, Powder cost and availability have cut my savings and loading. I suspect it will be awhile before "normalacy" returns to powder.

If you watch you can get the Fed and Win Target loads even cheaper. I bought quite a few Fed 4 packs when Wal-Mart had them for $20. Various suppliers also offered Fed Top Gun flats for just over $50 recently. Bass Pro ran a deal on Rem Gun Club's recently with free shipping.

To WebP47's comments; hunting loads taylored to you needs can be difficult to find and very expensive. You have done well to find a satisfactory load at Wal-Mart prices and readily available. I have a few "pet loads" for hunting and shooting games that are much cheaper to assemble and very effective. I love breaking the bird as the third man in Annies just before it hits the ground. cool