Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Right now with the amount of different loads available to the shooter via factory loads, and considering the cost of shot, etc. I would not get into reloading.. For about six years I shot quite a bit of trap.. Bought a bunch of shot at $13/bag.. Then quit ATA trap and only shoot at the local shoots.. For me it is easier to pick up loaded ammo than fool with reloads.. At the price I got the shot for, it is a bit cheaper than factory..

I'm in the same boat. Belonged to 3 trap/gun clubs at one time. Shot a minimum of 2 nights and 3 days locally. Did a lot of money/meat shoots on the weekends too. Burned up cases of ammo in a weeks time. Sold my shot shell reloading equipment a few years ago. The cost of shot per bag now is so ridiculous it's not even funny. If one wants to shoot a lot, there's always the option of buying reclaimed shot from trap clubs, but that is still pretty expensive as compared to what good magnum shot cost about 5 years ago. We don't even want to get into how much copper plated stuff costs. The stuff works great when you are 80 yards behind the trap house and using longshot though.... wink. To answer the OP's question: NO.... I'd be looking at the cheaper trap loads available: Estate, fiocchi, Rio's, wally world value packs (sold in 100 round boxes) and Remington gunclubs. Just a word of caution, watch out for the steel (instead of brass) base hulls. They don't suggest reloading them and they have been known to jam up some shotguns...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA