I've reloaded shotshells for 40+ years, but I am going to quit reloading 12 gauge target loads for the following reasons: 1.) cost....can buy 'em cheaper than I can reload 'em 2.) Inability to find powder.....any powder I get anymore goes into loading revolver & pistol rounds. 3.) Cost of lead shot. This is absolutely CRIMINAL!!!! Price skyrocketed from $15/25lbs to $50/25lbs in the course of a couple of years....we were told it was because China was having a building boom and was buying up all the raw materials; now that China's boom has gone bust, the prices of other lead items has come down.....but shot remains ridiculously high! Why?! 4.) Do to the nature of my work, I now have to spend more time "on call" for the hospital, which means that I only get one weekend a month off (if that) to enjoy the outdoors. Not to mention the fact that one those few days off, I will have to run errands like take the dog to the vet, go to the DMV, etc. My ability to go shooting has now been severely curtailed.
Having said that, I will continue to reload 16 gauge shotshells, as they are becoming increasingly difficult to find, and will continue to reloading hunting and specialty hulls (buckshot, slugs, nontoxic, blanks, etc.) for all gauges that I shoot. Also, I will reload target shells until I have used up my supply of wads........and will continue to buy shot for use in my muzzleloading shotguns....just not as much of it.

"If you dog thinks you're the greatest, don't go seeking a second opinion!"