I've worn Acuvue Oasys with hydraclear plus and UV blocking for for several years. They are designed to be a 2 week disposable contact with the expectation the person is taking them out at night.

I never leave them in at night [intentionally] so my eyes can get oxygen and so they last longer. This brand has done a much better job [than a couple other brands I tried] of keeping my eyes moist late in the evening.

You won't even know they are in and are great for outdoor activities like camping, motorcycle riding, hiking, water sports, etc. Just keep your eye solution,case, and drops handy along with anti-bacterial hand wipes.

I get 24 lenses free each year with insurance and then pay about $35 for 6 after the 24 run out. My optometrist gives me free lenses, solution, and the contact cases each time I go in. Your prescription is good for a year so you will have the benefit of an eye exam each year. Early detection for any medical issue is important and the eyes are no different. ...especially if one has diabetes.

I do have a pair of glasses for any emergency but have not had to use them. I talked about lasix surgery with the optometrist and he said it is only worth the risk if you have a very strong correction.