Originally Posted by ol_mike
alaska lanche ,

I'm in the process of getting an XP-100 fitted into a mcmillan stock - I got twisted off with gun tinkering and have had my fill. I'm far more into hunting than ordering stuff online - driving parts to the post office -talking to gunsmiths -putting it all back together -etc. etc..
Sometimes I wish I had never bought a second centerfire rifle -my old 1979 BDL 25-06 would have worked just fine for about everything I've ever hunted.
Piecing things together with all the custom parts and pieces to be had today can be an endless pursuit . A factory rifle is a step towards recovery --I hope.
I actually like the stock on the Adirondack -where I hunt here in florida we have dark bark pine trees -green stuff and white sand in the swamps I hunt so the camo pattern would work pretty good here .
Also I figure the threaded barrel might work out nice during load development by screwing on a break .
So thanks alaska lanche -but I don't want anything for this rifle except a set of talley lows and then choose a scope.
If I have to monkey with the bedding -magazine box -etc. -so be it -then lap the rings and head to the range to work up a load that will shoot about 1.25" group. Then head out hunting.

Anybody know COAL for the Kimbers ?

Hey no worries man its your money if you wanna pay $500 more for a heavier rifle be my guest. Simply trying to help, sorry for the suggestion.