Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by Ralphie
A 300 win mag is my main big game rifle. And 200 NPs are all I shoot out of it. This may border on treason on 24hour, but I really hate experimenting with different loads or changing my load for the next hunt or game animal.

I built my rifle wanting it to be able to handle almost anything with one load.

Bravo! And the 200 gr Partition is a great load for the 300 WM.I used to get a bit over 2900 fps from the 300 WM,and a bit over 3000 in the Weatherby. The bullet is a great penetrator.

Ralphie nailed it didn't he Bob. I'm a 1 bullet 1 load kind of guy as well. Especially when I find a sweet one. I decided when I was using the 300 win mag that that was the only bullet I was going to use. I remember working up a load in my left hand Ruger m77 mkII 300 win mag that was a hair over 2,900 fps and that's all the faster I cared to push that bullet/rifle combo. Plenty of thump and very accurate. Sorry guys, but I'm a big time IMR 4350 user in just about everything I own. That's the powder I ran:

68g. IMR 4350
R-P brass
CCI 250
Nosler 200gr. partition
3.355" (.020" off the lands)

Sub moa 5 shot groups at 2910 fps average velocity... I'm also one of the guys that bought up a bunch of those $13.45/50 200 gr. partitions last month. Couldn't pass that deal up!!! They will get used in my dad's 300....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA