Can you still get a High Teck stock separately ? . From the rifle desicription, the new stock has a "bedding block" so to speak for the recoil lug area and a " pillar" for the rear action/tang area. I don't believe that the original High Tech's had that. I believe Mark Bansners rifles had two conventional glassed pillars only.

I wonder if a guy could just buy one of these new 704 actions separately (w/ a trigger and that real nice looking aluminum floor plate/magazine box) and build something off that action. That Brown 704 was a sweet action and quite innovative as far as the extractor was concerned. If the new 704 has the same foot print as a 700 and the action screws were spaced the same, one could buy the action assembly, a McMillan stock and have a gunsmith install any number of top flight custom barrels to his exact specs (contour, length etc). I'd really like to know who's barrels they are using on the new rifle. Stock/bottom metal unit look very well made and have a nice tight fit as well. Made of aluminum too. I see, as for now anyway, that the "Big Five" model has a nice shadow line cheek piece and the others do not. I like a shadow line CP myself. I'm still waiting back to hear about the entire action being made from 416 R stainless and not just the body. The Brown had a CM body and bolt. In the end, it wouldn't be a deal breaker as the first thing I'd do is to have the Cerakote removed and have the action finished by Birdsong in Black-T anyway. I hope they offer a shadoe line cheek piece down the road on all models.