Originally Posted by wildone
I have not had the resources to build something the past year or so . I own two Bansner built customs from his shop in Adamstown a 7-08 and a 300wm. I was looking around today and noticed Trop has acquired them. Whats the deal with Mark ? Did he totally sell, retire , still working? Anyone have more details than whats on the LAW website? Mark always used Jewells and Lilja , however I see LAW is using timney, a "match grade" barrel and that the pricing is substantially lower. Anyone know where they cut the corners? I would have liked to have had one more of Marks builds this year wasn't that year though.

Mark came by my booth at SHOT and we talked for about 20 Min.

He is done doing custom work and this new venture is to offer a production rifle of very high quality at a reasonable price.

I would say he is excited about a new challenge.

While I am sure all of you guys were great customers he did say he will no longer have to "deal with Prima Donnas" and will get to build great rifles as he sees fit. laugh

Originally Posted by RDFinn
I got a Burns response back about the barrel maker...."proprietary" even though we know Burns uses Benchmark barrels.

Are you not the little detective. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.