Originally Posted by JDK
I received a right handed bow for Christmas. This past weekend, I drove 3.5 hours one way to the closest pro shop to drop it off and get set up. Owner was complementary of the bow even though he does not sell that brand. He talked to me a bit about what I wanted and what my plans were. We discussed draw length and weights, arrows, broad heads, etc. Before he physically did anything with the bow he asked about eye dominance. I told him flatly that I was right eye dominate. Asking again if I was sure (YES SIR I AM), he ran a card test. Strongly left eye dominate. 3 guys in the shop, the owner, and my wife all said DAMN at the same time.

He said that I was far better off trading and starting all over with a left handed bow. To put it bluntly, I don't know if he is yanking my chain, being spot on, or if there is something else I can do.

It was a long 3.5 hours trip home for my wife.

Before getting rid of your bow for a left hand model, I would repeat the card test but also try a couple of different tests to verify your results. Try keeping your arms outstretched and slowly bringing your hands together to make a small diamond while looking at a distant target. Close one eye and see which one your sighting with.

Also try putting your index finger up in the air vertically and align with a corner in the wall. Close each eye to see which one your using.

I've seen these test give variable results.