Originally Posted by Slavek
That is one of few American made mounts worth owning. It slides off once levers are released. Sadly most Americans do not understand scope mounts at all and what should add value to a rifle reduces that value. Nice rifle. Too bad it's .375 Magnum had two in the past never again. Too much gun for me. Good luck with the sale.

Nonsense, I have and do own scores of ...American mounts... and have had them on 43 different P-64-70s, ioncluding fourof these .375s, five .338WM Alaskans and four .300 H&H rifles. I currently have a very nice original .375 and minty .300 plus a shorty custom .375 and the mounts, Talley QDs and Leupy QRWs, work VERY well and are both lighter and cheaper than most Euro. types.

The G&H is not one I care for, after owning a P-64 SG with one and they are seldom seen here in BC now; the Talleys are SO much better in all respects.

I find the .375s easy to shoot well, but, they are too heavy for general use in the mountains and I much prefer the .338 Alaskans, among the finest serious factory hunting rifles ever produced, IMO.

Americans produce the best mounts and many of the best rifles anywhere, most Euro. stuff is mediocre and costs far more than it's performance warrants.