Originally Posted by 4th_point
That rifle also loves 36gr Remington Golden Bullets of all things. At 100 yards its scary accurate with Goldens and as I mentioned earlier a bud was trimming twigs at 50-100y with those Goldens. I did put a Kidd trigger, guide rod, and buffer in it for the heck of it. And bedded a few inches past the clamp.

I've shot a bunch of bulk and some match ammo on paper at 50y and it doesn't seem finicky at all. I've settled on Goldens in hopes of shooting sage rats this spring but it seems to like everything.

If a fella took his time with it, I bet it'd give my Anschutz a run for its money. Hard to beat the Annie but that 10/22 impresses everyone.

First pic shows it as-is now in Dr. Frankenruger stock painted green. Other pic before the chop... with a Hogue and different scope & rail.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Geeze, that is a fat barrel. I got lucky with mine as it has the standard factory SS barrel and it was not finicky either. It liked the bulk federal hp's which suited me just fine. It also liked the federal automatch and American eagles. Here's how it did with the bulk federal hp's:

[Linked Image]

I ended up selling this rifle to a buddy that needed a good golf ball gun. Now I ran across another older SS 10-22 with the metal trigger group (not the plastic one) for $200.00. I'll likely buy it and throw a heavier barrel and nice stock on it. A guy should never be without a good 10-22.. The 10-22 is as American as apple pie.. wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA