Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Weight? Mold number? Alloy? Powder charge? Velocity? Bullet diameter? Thoroughly (and I mean thoroughly) cleaned barrel before firing lead through it, to eliminate at least one cause? Lots of variables that will effect your results.

M die? Good idea, but I have gotten good results plenty of times over the years just by putting a heavy chamfer in the case mouth. I would sort by weighing too, if sub-MOA accuracy is the goal.

One thing I would stop doing is crimping the bullets, if that's what I see in the pics. Some like to crimp, I don't.

How well does that bullet fit the throat in your rifle? Mastering all the variables I asked about initially won't give gilt edged accuracy if they are a lousy fit in the rifle's throat.

Some of the bullets in the one pic look like the driving bands aren't filled out, and some show lopsided sizing (lube grooves squeezed semi-shut in places). Could be a trick of the light, I suppose. But if such anomalies exist in a .22 bullet, they cause more erratic performance than similar defects do in a big bullet- based on a percentage of gross bullet weight variation/unbalance.

Still in all, 2"@100Yds. ain't all that bad. Getting jacketed bullet "benchrest" accuracy with cast .22 stuff requires strict attention to the minutiae.

All of the above for sure.I did notice some minor nose deformity unless that's just my monitor. The proper matching top punch would help as well..But considering all the variables 2" is not bad.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody