Yes, my Wife was lamenting about the two young women who were killed and got mad at me when I told her that those young women put themselves in harm's way when they chose to party with gangsters. The OWH reported that the shooting was done by one subset of the Bloods gang going after a different Bloods subset and that there were around 50 people in or around the vacant house when the shooting started at 2:00 AM Inter-gang civil war? A dispute over drug turf? Just cause it was a slow night? Don't know and even if I did know, there isn't anything that I could do to influence change.

Except for a few zip codes in northeastern and southeastern Douglas County, I think that most people in Nebraska, regardless of their race, socioeconomic status, or national origin are pretty safe from becoming the victim of a homicide.

If you're interested in some "shoot yourself in the foot" statistics, check out the data for the distribution of STDs, particularly gonorrhea and syphilis, and the births to unwed and minor women in Douglas County at www.douglascountyhealth.com. It looks to me that, if safety is a concern, staying out of about 100 square miles of Nebraska will do the trick. Just stay in, or visit, the other 77,321 square miles and you will be reasonably safe from becoming a victim of violent crime or getting infected with gonorrhea or syphilis.