I have both molds you are asking about as well as a S&W M69. Personally I do not think Lee's 200gr RF should be considered as a true hunting bullet. In my experience and due to its relatively smaller and slightly rounded meplat, it tends to stretch the hide before piercing making for a pretty poor exit wound and lacking blood trail. This bullet does however make a GREAT practice bullet with a light charge of Red Dot or Trail Boss.

The 310gr bullet is in a completely different class with a fine 0.34" meplat with sharp edges. The problem you will run into with this bullet and the M69 is front sight height. S&W just didn't give this revolver enough front sight to bring POI down with the heavy bullets.

I don't have any experience with LBT molds simply because I have never had the scratch to purchase one...but one day.

Personally I recommend something in the 240 to 265gr -ish weight range. I ended up using RCBS's Keith copy, the 44-250K. Cast with wheel weights and lubed it weighs 265grs and has a 0.310" meplat. If you keep the speed to around 1000 to 1100FPS (I use 22gs of IMR 4227) the POI should be just right. With an improvised rest I can easily keep shots on 8" steel plates out to 50yds.

Here is a little doe I took a little earlier this season with my M69 and 44-250K bullets:

[Linked Image]