Originally Posted by safariman
Amazing to me was in the remarks section. Nosler is publicly against hound hunting? Would not let disabled veterans use hounds to increase the chances of getting a bear on their TV show?

It says they did not want to show hounds on their show. It is not uncommon for a company to be aware of perceptions -since, as we all know, once it's on film or internet, it's "fact". That's no different than a company not wanting ATVs shown (though they might be necessary to a particular hunt), or showing a back-up firearm on a bow-hunt. Heck Remington might even get picky about showing a very worn and rusty M700- or, worse, a M70- on one of their shows even though it has killed 50 moose and hundreds of caribou in the hands of the weathered guide they're filming, over it's 30 year existence.

Some of the folks in these companies even swear and drink too much, but as long as the folks running the sewing machines in Viet Nam and Bangladesh support our hunting rights, it's all good, right?

Actually, while I hardly darken the doorway of REI anymore, it has never bothered me to get their stuff absolutely gored up in the process of skinning and gutting a large animal. And I could care less what Honda thinks about using their equipment in support of hunting. If they want to send $2 to an anti-hunting company, that's their problem. I'll certainly put the other $9998 worth of my Honda toward the opposite side of things. smile

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.