Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by GunGeek
We'll of course that's what they're going to say. Just read the WHOLE thread.

So you are saying that this was done by Les Baer Custom Inc.?

G
I'm not saying anything, just re-posting what I found. But if you want me to comment, if the OP is right and truthful, then it appears to me that indeed came from the factory that way.

Kevin,

I've know msrtex longer than he's had that pistol, and he's a stand up guy. In fact, I remember when he bought it. I put a few mags through it shortly after he got it. I also know the guys at the store where he purchased it. He bought it factory new.

I have no doubt at all that the pistol came from the factory that way.

That two pistolsmiths identified it as a Baer before they were told it was a Baer, tells me LB does this a good bit.

As msrtex points out, it has worked. It's just not the level of craftsmanship he would have hoped for in a expensive "custom" pistol and I don't blame him. He has right to be disappointed.

Les Baer's response of denial of responsibility is worse than the craftsmanship issue. If outside smiths can identify it as a Baer, the LB shop certainly can too. They know damn well how they put them together.

If I were in the market for an expensive 1911, I'd look elsewhere. I expect better quality and customer service when I spend that kind of money.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain