Originally Posted by msrtex
... Sight worked fine for a long time including carried some and used in a class, I was just a bit amazed at the hatchet job done to fit it.

….I guess I don't get the complaint……it was done to give the locktite something to adhere to……by your admission, it worked…….it doesn't effect the esthetics of the gun whatsoever……would you have been happier if:
1. The grooves weren't cut, increasing the possibility of the sights coming off, or
2. The grooves had been machine-cut with some symmetry, even tho it wouldn't be more effective, still wouldn't show and would have probably increased the cost of production??????

Not trying to be confrontational, but I just don't get the complaint. If the modification was ineffective (i.e. the sights fell off)---if the sights were indexed incorrectly/crooked/etc. or if any of the modification were visible, detracting from the appearance, I'd get it. Sorry, I guess I'm more slow witted than normal.

JMO--of course, I could be wrong.

Last edited by gmoats; 02/02/15.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.