Originally Posted by MojoHand
Most of the time in the world of music, less is more.....

Guess this is why I am more of a blues player than anything.

Sealbilly I'll give you that I have not "kept up" with alot of music made in the last 30 years or so especially in the Metal genre. I kind of gave up on it early in the 80's when it mostly went hair. Kind of felt like the music that I loved died about then.

Perhaps I should have chosen words more carefully than technical. The fast and furious world of speed metal and such just does not do it for me, technical prowess aside. No offense intended. grin

Goalie likely better described my feelings in his post. "But I've never seen a drummer like Peart who can hold his own with the best, is a master in his composing and making it all work in the song, to the better of the song, and not just to the better of Peart...and a work ethic of 40+ years of pushing the envelope of his craft. He's a world class musician...but there are oodles of drummers who are technically "better"."

I was listening to "2112" and "Moving Pictures" and listening to him keep 16th beats perfectly with his fills and expression impressed me once again.

I guess I am just old and stuck "back in the day". But that's okay with me! cool

twofish

*Master of random precision*