How do you have your internal brakes set?
What weight lures are you throwing?

Also, any particular reason you're using a 6' rod? I get much, much better distance with longer rods. For me, the difference in a 7ft vs 6ft is much bigger than one would imagine.

I'm no expert on BC setups, but it seems to me that the spool tension adjustments effect the "back end" of the cast rather than the "first". If you haven't already, I'd set those internal brakes as light as you are comfortable with and then use spool tension depending on your lure weight.

I guess another way to look at it...keep turning off the internal brakes until it almost looks like your spool is going faster than your lure. I like mine to spin a little faster than the lure and use my thumb to keep it in check.

I normally always set my spool tension by the old method I was taught years ago. Hold your rod straight out with the lure your using. Release the spool and slowly let off tension until the lure falls. I usually start off with enough tension not to cause a major backlash when the lure hits the floor/water.