I believe it was Dale Howe that told me that he was relating a statement that was attributed to Tony Bose that goes something like this. May not be a word perfect rendition, but should convey the sentiment.

"What knife would you rather own. Something stamped out by a kid chained to a machine in China, or one from someone doing what he enjoys, who crafts each blade individually and with attention to quality and detail"

Years ago there used to be a saying. Support live music, hire live musicians.

I figure I'd much rather someone I know and like have my hard earned dough than someone I don't know or don't like. I have had the pleasure of speaking with all the fellows from whom I've purchased their knives directly.

I tell them the general parameters of what I want, ask for their input, then ask them to use their imagination and go where their fancy leads. I have yet to return a knife.

Perhaps its egocentric of me to think that they might have me in mind when they are crafting my knife, and that maybe, just maybe, I can have a small part in their success. I'd like to think so, cause I sure have them in mind when I'm skinning a critter with one of their creations.

[Linked Image]

Rocky Menefee's version of his brother Rick's "16 bore". AEB-L and ebony. I call it my "sweet-sixteen"

[Linked Image]

Rocky's 16 bore and my birthday Tom.

[Linked Image]

All in, all done.

JAPPF,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.