OK, a few have asked about the shoots. I will have two that I will put on. They will be similar to Paul's prairie dog shoots but with a twist that you will see when you get there. Nothing to fret over.

Tentatively, this is my plan:

Each participant will have a target, I will paste as many on the backers as will fit. You will put your name and whatever mark helps you to recognize your target- we had a ton of crossfires on the last rimfire shoot.

The rimfire shoot will be at 50-70 yards (depends on what I have for clear lanes) It will be 5-shots at a dot, smallest group wins. One bullet must cut the dot. Any rimfire sporting arm allowed. Any sights. No benchrest- any field or portable rest you can come up with that would be possibly used in the field. Front rest & bags allowed on ground or bipods etc. NO BENCHREST.

The open shoot will be ANY sporting firearm you want, any caliber, any sight and any position you want. One shot at a dot on the target with your name. Distance will be 150-200 yards depending on what I can set up. Closest to the center of the dot wins. If it is a tie, we will have a shoot-off.

Here are the changes from years past.
There will be NO coaching allowed. You will have 5 minutes (from when your name is announced) to COMPLETE your course of fire.
I will draw your names from hat (or equivalent random generator) to decide the order of shooters. We will then proceed in the order drawn. If you want to trade with someone for placement you can.

IF we do a competitive steel shoot, the firing ordered will have to be adhered to as there is a definite advantage to going last. IF we do a steel shoot, I will direct the shoot but will NOT participate. There will be no coaching during a steel shoot either.

You need to be sighted in before the time of the shoot so that they go quickly and smoothly. There is no reason both shoots can't be done in 1/2 hour tops. We will have plenty of time to practice and sight before hand but it would behoove you to bring a sighted in rifle with you rather than sort it out at the campout.

The steel shoot will depend on whether I can find suitable places for steel and will be similar to years past- colored plates with different values, no magnums and a time limit. I will have the the LaRue sniper target setup for practicing for sure.

Let's have fun first and foremost!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.