Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Tarkio,

thanks for that clarification, I see your point and it's valid.

what I see of Sal's kid, he's a good kid with his head screwed correctly on his shoulders. Have seen the pix of Sal and him doing outdoor stuff together. Sal's made a helluva an investment in that lad in both time and money. It's paid off well.

my take is, it normally takes two pretty decent parents to turn out a good kid. Only takes 1 screwed up parent to screw up a kid.

so I have to assume she's a pretty good gal and has played a part in that young man's development.

have also never heard Sal say she bitches about his hunting and fishing trips, that too would be a plus quality in a woman imo.

I see a bit of piling on in this thread towards her by some and we don't know her side of the story. Rereading your original post, and your clarification makes it clear to me, you weren't one of those guys. So apologies for painting with too broad a brush in my response to you.

thinkin Sal is around my age (mid 50's) he's probably younger so I may get the redazz from him (grin)

scary thing for some folks to pull up stakes and make a move.

as 458 said, when he was young, his wife was gung ho for a big move, later on, not so much for a lesser move.

I believe one of the things women look for from men is security.

it's pretty evident they have a good life, she probably has work she likes, family she likes and friends she likes, to give all that up based on who might be governor or that the state is restricting hunting and gun rights (probably not as big of issues for her as they are for Sal)

most likely she's scared a bit just to leave the life she's known behind, or perfectly content in the life they've always had, it's Sal that's changed his mind, he used to be happy there with her, why change anything?

course I've tried to figure out what women were thinking before and failed big time at it. May be the case here as well.

the guys that have suggested he sit and down and have a heart to heart with her or suggested just buying a getaway place and visiting it for awhile have probably given the most useful advice.

Well said.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.