I've used RCBS for about 20 years. A few years ago I started also using Lee collet neck-sizers. I use Lapua brass. Every fourth firing I anneal, bump the shoulder,trim, and clean out primer pockets. I toss them at 12. (I also have a flash hole de-burrer, a Sinclair neck-sorting took, and I used to sort my brass by weight. I stopped doing those steps when I switched to Lapua.)

With my FTR rifle (308) with a Kreiger (600 rounds on it) and the Bartlein before it, I'm usually in the .5s for a five round group. Yes, lots of occasional groups down into the .3s, but my average is in the .5s. (This is at 100 at the bench when testing scopes,etc.)

I thought it was me and my ability/set-up. I've always shot from a Harris bipod. But this year I bought a front rest. My rifle tracks straight, but my groups didn't improve.

I read that the Hornady dies make super concentric ammo. So I bought a set for a Creedmoor Predator. Since I don't have a concentricity gauge to check run-out, I don't know how it compares.

Do you guys with experience think switching to Hornady dies would shrink my groups, or am I better off buying a gauge/straightener, or would the best option just be to save for the Redding Type S FL die and Competition seater? (No experience with these myself, but that seems to be what a lot of good shooters use.

I've tried to keep my reloading simple and affordable regarding tools, but I'd like to tight my groups up. Is switching dies tne next step?

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221