I had to straighten a few of my dies up and after pushing the brass over the expander vs pulling it over my stuff tightened up considerably. My .223 Rem dies I had up to .013" of runout all in the seating process prior to straightening them in the press.

Pretty much any runout I get is through the seating process. I will get several in a row of .001 - .003 and then I will have a .008" or greater and then right back to .001 - .003. I assume a comp seater would help here?

I shot yesterday with ammo sorted from .004 and down and .007 and greater, but it was a limited test as I was short on time and ammo. The ammo with less runout shot 1/2" to 3/4" less than ammo with greater runout from the rifles I used yesterday. The one that really struck me was the bad ammo shot .9" from my 700 ADL in .243, under 1" with crooked ammo. The good ammo I loaded for it had runout of .001, .001 and .003" and I only had the 3 rounds for it, they went .37". I probably 10-12 100yd groups under 1/2" with that rifle and it rarely ever goes over 1" but it has before.

My other .243 went from under 3/4" straight to 1.25" crooked and my .223 was under 3/4" almost 1/2" straight to over 1" crooked.

When I saw that it makes you wonder about those "flyers" where everything felt good when the trigger broke but the round still landed over there?

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.