Just finished up casting and sizing a small pile of bullets from my new Lee mold. I must say, I wasn't aware that Lee had redesigned their molds as it's been 5-6 years since I've bought one. They did a very nice job, the alignment pins are far superior to the older style and the handles as well as sprue plate have been improved.

I cleaned it up with a Qtip and some MEK and lubed the pivots with a smidge of bullet lube. Fired up my electric pot and was throwing good bullets in approximately 2 minutes after the alloy turned liquid.

The 90swc design that I bought is designed to be tumble lubed but I've had good luck using their other TL designs just as you would a bullet with standard line grooves. I ran them through the lubesizer and filled 4 of the 6 grooves with RCBS green lube. I'll put a roll crimp in the top groove and shoot a handful tomorrow at work to see how they shoot and if they show any sign of leading.

I didn't have much alloy left and what was in the pot was some I'd been using to cast BPCR bullets with a hollow base so it is only about an 11 on the Brinell scale. Time to go hunt up some wheelweights and Linotype to get serious about getting some speed out of this little cartridge.

Ended up loading them over 5.0gr of AA5 with a CCI 500 for spark. It occurred to me after I'd loaded some that the loaded rounds look like little Crayola crayons due to the nose shape. [Linked Image]

Last edited by TheKid; 02/23/15. Reason: Add pics